As of July 1, 2015, member trail passes are available on-line from AWSC. If you are a member of a club, make sure you get your trail pass and properly display it as enforcement officials will not have leniency for club members not displaying a trail pass and will issue a citation costing $295. Enforcement officials may have more leniency for non-club members as they may not have yet received the message that trail passes are necessary. Many clubs will be posting signs on the trails to get the message out there.
If you are an AWSC Member you can purchase your trailpass here:
If you are not an AWSC Member you can purchase your trailpass here:
Here is a note summarizing the trail pass program from Sam Landes:
|Fellow Snowmobilers:I hope all of you are having a wonderful time this summer. I know snowmobile registration is hardly on your mind, but we all need to be aware of the historic changes to our program.Unless you have lived under a rock the last year (or decided not to read ANY of my sent out emails) Our new trail pass program will begin July, 2015 and will be in place for the following season:In addition to your sled registration, you will need to purchase and display an annual trail pass on your sled on the front of your windshield as listed below. Non-Club members can obtain their annual trail pass for their sleds through the DNR directly and will pay $30.
We as AWSC Club members can receive our trail passes through the AWSC for $10 per sled. I have included the trail pass order form FOR AWSC MEMBERS with this send out.
The ways in which a current club member can obtain their discounted WI Trail Pass are:
- Order online through the AWSC webiste at www.awsc.org with a credit/debit card (MasterCard, Visa or Discover), your AWSC member # (Found on your AWSC membership card or on the address label of your WSN magazine (Sept-March) and your WI snowmobile registration #. Members who order online will receive one receipt, via the email provided when order, from Authorize.Net (the credit card company we use to process our credit cards.
- Call the AWSC Office during business hours to order your WI Trail Pass with a credit/debit card, your AWSC member # along with your WI snowmobile registration #.
- Walk in the AWSC office door during business hours and order with a check or credit/debit card along with your AWSC member # and WI snowmobile registration #.
- Mail in with a check or credit/debit card along with your AWSC member # and your WI snowmobile registration # on the Trail Pass order form (enclosed) available from AWSC website or your Club Membership Chair. The order form will also be available in the September WSN magazine! Click here to download Trail Pass order form
|Things to Remember
- YOUR MEMBERSHIP DUES MUST BE CURRENT WITH YOUR CHOSEN AWSC CLUB…… AND YOUR CLUB MUST HAVE YOUR AWSC DUES SENT IN AND CURRENT WITH THE AWSC OFFICE. YOUR ASSIGNED AWSC MEMBER NUMBER WILL BE ON YOUR YELLOW AWSC MEMBERSHIP CARD SENT TO YOU THROUGH YOUR CLUB, AND ON THE ADDRESS LABEL OF THE AWSC MAGAZINE YOU WILL BE RECEIVING AS A MEMBER. Your club treasurer or membership chair will also have your member number listed on their current roster. YOU WILL NEED THAT NUMBER TO ORDER YOUR DISCOUNTED PASS.
- Your club has to have 10 or more dues paying members to be an eligible club for the discounted trail pass.
- Snowmobiles must be registered in WI. Please note: For newly purchased snowmobiles with registration pending, please call the AWSC office
- Your receipt for the discounted pass cannot be used to ride – the sticker has to be on windshield (or center of hood if you change windshields).
- All Trail Pass stickers will be mailed out via USPO from the State of Wisconsin
- The fine for riding without a WI Trail Pass is – $295
- There will be no refunds or exchanges.
- The WI trail Pass (2015-2016) will be good from July 1, 2015 – June 30, 2016. Next year’s Trail Pass will be effective July 1, 2016 and so forth. Complete explanations can be seen on the AWSC Website www.awsc.org or https://danecountycouncilsnowmobileclubs.com
- THE TRAIL PASS FUNDS COLLECTED THROUGH THE AWSC WILL GO DIRECTLY INTO OUR SEGRIGATED TRAIL-AIDS FUND WHERE OUR CLUBS CURRENTLY OBTAIN THEIR MAINTENANCE MONEY.
It is up to all of us to pitch in, and help educate our membership, as this program should be a great help to fund our system.