Six Points Regarding the AWSC and Our Trail System
- Snowmobiling allows families to enjoy these public trails regardless of their age and physical condition.
- Not everyone has the ability to hike, bike & ski.
- Snowmobile safety courses certify riders as young as (12 Years Old)
- Tradition, family bonding, outdoor enjoyment.
- Much of the infrastructure on these state trails was paid for by snowmobile program money & built and maintained by volunteers.
- The snowmobile program is completely funded by the registration revenue and trail pass revenue paid by snowmobilers.
- The trails are all maintained by snowmobile clubs & their volunteer members.
- Snowmobiling has massive positive economic impacts to TOURISM throughout the entire state of Wisconsin.
- Wisconsin boasts 25,000 miles of trails built, maintained and used by Wisconsin’s 614 snowmobiling clubs – We have 14 Clubs with approximately 1000 Members in Dane County alone.
- Snowmobiling clubs value the environment – we work directly with the Wisconsin DNR and are required to follow rules and regulations.
- Snowmobile clubs appreciate and value relationships with landowners.
AWSC Director-Dane County
AWSC Legislative Committee Chair
Association of Wisconsin Snowmobile Clubs